Subject: Re: Problems running Python interactively from GNU-Win32 bash prompt
From: [email-masked] (David Ascher)

27 Feb 1998 17:46:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I installed GNU-Win32 b19 (http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/) and
> Python1.5 (http://www.python.org/ftp/python/win32/) on a Windows NT
> machine today. I can't seem to run python.exe interactively from the
> bash prompt.  I can run it with a .py file on the command line and it
> executes the script just fine.  I can run it from a DOS prompt or from
> the Start Menu where the installer stuck a link to it and get the
> Python interpreter prompt.  From a bash prompt with no command line
> args I get nothing, not even an error, just another bash prompt, as if
> I ran it with /dev/null on stdin.
> 
> Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to run it interactively from bash?  

Which Python are you talking about?  Guido's MSVC compiled version?  If
yes, I have no idea.  If a gcc-compiled one, you probably (just a guess)
should make sure to include 'tty' in your CYGWIN32 env't variable.

--david

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".