Subject: Problems running Python interactively from GNU-Win32 bash prompt
From: [email-masked] (Skip Montanaro)

27 Feb 1998 14:20:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

I installed GNU-Win32 b19 (http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/) and
Python1.5 (http://www.python.org/ftp/python/win32/) on a Windows NT
machine today. I can't seem to run python.exe interactively from the
bash prompt.  I can run it with a .py file on the command line and it
executes the script just fine.  I can run it from a DOS prompt or from
the Start Menu where the installer stuck a link to it and get the
Python interpreter prompt.  From a bash prompt with no command line
args I get nothing, not even an error, just another bash prompt, as if
I ran it with /dev/null on stdin.

Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to run it interactively from bash?  

Thx,

-- 
Skip Montanaro
([email-masked], 518 372 5583)
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".