Subject: Re: GNU-Win32 Beta 19 is available!
From: [email-masked]

27 Feb 1998 14:05:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>> I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 19th beta
>> release of the GNU-Win32 tools for Windows NT and 95.
>
Hi there.  At the risk of making more newbie mistakes, let me call your
attention to the problems I am having in linking sockets applications
under b19 cygwin.  This is a reasonably conscientious setup, with the
new sh.exe copied to c:\bin and, of course, cygnus.bat called to set
the environment.

BASH.EXE-2.01$ make
cd src; make all
/dev/hda5/src/slrn/src/objs/chkslang slrn 10000
cd /dev/hda5/src/slrn/src/objs; gcc art.o chmap.o editscore.o group.o grplens.o
hash.o help.o interp.o menu.o mime.o misc.o post.o score.o server.o sortdate.o s
lrn.o startup.o ttymsg.o util.o uudecode.o xover.o slrndir.o version.o -o slrn
-L/dev/hda5/src/slang/src/objs -lslang -ltermcap -lm
misc.o(.text+0x1855):misc.c: undefined reference to `gethostbyname'
misc.o(.text+0x1876):misc.c: undefined reference to `gethostbyname'
server.o(.text+0x8a):server.c: undefined reference to `inet_addr'
server.o(.text+0xa0):server.c: undefined reference to `gethostbyname'
server.o(.text+0x12e):server.c: undefined reference to `socket'
server.o(.text+0x178):server.c: undefined reference to `inet_ntoa'
server.o(.text+0x1a9):server.c: undefined reference to `connect'
server.o(.text+0x640):server.c: undefined reference to `getservbyname'
make[1]: *** [/dev/hda5/src/slrn/src/objs/slrn] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
BASH.EXE-2.01$

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".