Subject: b19 bash/sh ^M input problem with NTEmacs 19.34.6
From: [email-masked] (Andy Norman)

27 Feb 1998 08:16:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Folks,

I apologise in advance if this is a FAQ.  I couldn't find it in the web
version of the mail archives (which only go up to December 1997, btw).

I use b19 with NT Emacs 19.34.6 under NT 4.0sp3.

When I type:

  M-x shell

and get an interactive shell buffer, I find that each command sent _to_ the
shell from NT Emacs has ^M appended to it, causing the command to fail unless
I append a shell comment character (#) at the end of the line.  (Note that I'm
not talking about output from the shells, just the input to them.)

This fails with both bash.exe and sh.exe that come with b19.

Under b18, this worked just fine.  The only change was to uninstall b18 and
install b19 today.

Any hints _very_ welcome.  Thanks!

						-- ange -- <><

http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ange		[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".