Subject: RE: Please stop the loop! (was Re: gnu-win32: bad path from make)
From: [email-masked] (Alan Steele)

26 Feb 1998 17:59:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Martin Svenningsson'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Hi, and sorry.

The loop is caused by our (less-than-conventional) mail-routing service,
which is used to provide 2 sites with the same domain name - not necessary I
know (believe me) but, bureaucracy being all that it is, I haven't been able
to make the necessary adjustments yet.

In short, this means that any new mailing-list joined requires two delivery
rules and, if the mail is rejected, will be returned to sender (via
buynet.com.au), blah, blah, blah...

Should be fixed now - sorry for any inconvenience,

Alan Steele,
Welpac Sydney, Australia (welpacsyd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Svenningsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 6:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Please stop the loop! (was Re: gnu-win32: bad path from make)

I've seen several mail looping on this list, take a look at this:

Quoting Eyal Lebedinsky <[email-masked]>:
[..]
[203.56.244.10]) by crafti.com.au (8.8.8/8.7.3) with SMTP id IAA08658 for
<[email-masked]>; Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:40:17 +1100 (EST)
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by ntserver.welpac.com.au (NTMail
3.03.0014/2f.atru) with ESMTP id ka001986 for <[email-masked]>; Tue,
24 Feb 1998 08:31:53 +1100
Received: from [205.180.230.5] by webserver.buynet.com.au (NTMail 3.02.12)
with ESMTP id welpacsyd for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 1998
22:31:50 +0100
[203.56.244.33]) by crafti.com.au (8.8.8/8.7.3) with SMTP id KAA24130 for
<[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:19:09 +1100 (EST)
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by ntserver.welpac.com.au (NTMail
3.03.0014/2f.atru) with ESMTP id sa001968 for <[email-masked]>; Mon,
23 Feb 1998 10:15:25 +1100
Received: from [203.12.160.2] by webserver.buynet.com.au (NTMail 3.02.12)
with ESMTP id welpacsyd for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 1998
10:09:52 +0100
Received: (from smtpd@localhost) by oberon.tpgi.com.au (8.7.5/8.7.3) id
GAA23478 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 23 Feb 1998 06:39:08 +1100 (EST)
Received: from runyon.cygnus.com(205.180.230.5), claiming to be "cygnus.com"
 via SMTP by oberon.160.12.203.IN-ADDR.ARPA, id smtpdAAAa005io; Mon Feb 23
06:39:05 1998
[..]
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

That's pretty weird, it's like [email-masked] bounces back to this
list :/

--
Martin 'EmmEss' Svenningsson - Helsingborg, SWEDEN
[email-masked] - http://www.tripnet.se/~emmess/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".