Subject: CVS client/server
From: [email-masked] (Stephan Niemz)

26 Feb 1998 09:37:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Does anybody have a working CVS client/server under gnuwin32/coolview?

    I tried compiling CVS 1.9 myself as well as the binary cvs.exe
(1.9.22) I found somewhere ... but when trying to checkout (or
whatever) from the server, both only print a

' from cvs serverng: unrecognized response`ok

    and then hang until I hit C-c. Yes, exactly the above line shows up,
which looks like some text has been overwritten.

    Or am I missing something? What goes wrong here? As I can verify with
netstat, the connection to the shell-port on the server is established,
but also a connection to port 1020. Is this perhaps the problem?

    An older, non-gnuwin32 version of CVS does work, but unfortunately it
doesn't treat the CR/LFs right.

Thanks for any hints,

    - Stephan.

....................................................................
  Stephan Niemz // Computec GmbH Software // Karlsruhe // Germany
   PGP: http://www.computec.com/~stephan/pgp.txt // ID: 172BDC79
   fingerprint: C8 2E 6E 21 67 12 0C 9D  8F A7 F1 AC BC 55 01 D5

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".