Subject: !Invalid Format!
From: [email-masked] (Keet / Foxbird)

25 Feb 1998 04:51:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Let me try posting this again. I recently compiled a XWindows application
that is linked with libxpm, and numerous other X11 libraries. It generated
no compiler errors, and everything linked okay and looked like it was going
to work. When I try to start the Xapp from a Dos box, I get a message
saying it cannot run this program. When I double click the executable in
it's folder, I get the same message but an additional one telling me it
cann't be run because it is in an 'inivalid format'. The libraries I used
were the X11 libraries posted on a site from the links page for Cygwin. I
have the up to date coolview dll, and have rebuilt the libx11.dll file
using libx11.def file that was attached to a previous mail found at:
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Dec/0446.html . I have NO idea what
could be going wrong. Weather or not the XServer is running makes no
difference. I was also told that perhaps I needed the new copy of LD, but I
can't find a binary distro ANYWHERE of it (I don't have the time nor the
patience to fiddle with the SDK).

Anyone who can help me, I GREATLY appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

- Greg Neujahr
  [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".