Subject: Init cygwin.dll from non-gnuwin32 app ???
From: [email-masked] (Steve Biskis)

24 Feb 1998 22:23:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Can the CRT/reent section of cygwin.dll be initialized in a 
non-gnuwin32 application ???  I am currently trying to do it
via a gnuwin32 generated dll by directly calling cygwin_crt0()
and being rewarded with:

0xXXXXXXXX referenced memory at "0x100476c0". The memory could not be
"written".

This error (by its address 0x10000000+) is at least in the right
neighborhood.

This happens to be a Delphi-3 application that does a LoadLibrary on my
dll.
My dll works fine till it needs CRT facilities from cygwin.dll.  
I know about the _impure_ptr=__imp_reent_data thing but that's not enough
since,
somehow cygwin.dll hasn't really been initialized yet, (hmmmm ).
Why wasn't this done in its DllMain ??????????

Any suggestions welcome (no matter how far-fetched/hack-happy).

da bisk

[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".