Subject: Re: Problem mounting
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

24 Feb 1998 21:23:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:03:34 GMT
>Subject: Re: Problem mounting
>To: [email-masked]
>
>>   Earnie Boyd ([email-masked])
>>   Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:31:18 PST
>>the format of the mount command is
>>
>>bash$ mount -b c:\\any\\dir\\name\\here /mounted/name/here
>>
>>is this how you enter you mount command?
>>
>I think that the original question about how to use the mount command
>is entirely valid.  Anyone who uses FreeBSD or Linux knows that the
>_real_ mount command has its arguments reversed to the cygwin version.

YOU DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

The form of all mount commands I've seen (this includes Linux) are:
mount physical_device(source) mount_point(destination)
This conforms to all of the other unix filesystem commands.

>
>BTW.  When you use Midnight Commander, you may start off in the 
/dev/hda5
>directory (E:\ Dos drive) whose parent directory is /dev (C:\dev in 
Dos).
>In other words, clicking at the top of the /dev/hda5 column using 
mc.exe
>or tkmc.exe moves you c:\dev, assuming you named such a directory on 
your
>c:\ drive.
>=8C=0B
>-

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".