Subject: Re: pthreads w/ cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Michael Anderson)

24 Feb 1998 15:30:36 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

> I have looked at the Pthreads before. Why not try to port those
> calls to NT's native threads? Those work.

I *used* to use NT's native threads wrapped with some pthreads-
looking wrappers. The code used pthreads for Unix. Some of
pthreads calls mapped easily to NT calls, some were difficult.

> Re: cygwin32  not being thread safe--
> should this make a difference for user level threads?

This is why I *used* to use the code. There was inter-thread
corruption as well as inter-process corruption due to the 
non-thread safeness of cygwin32. I was unwilling to tackle the
thread-safeness problems because of cygwin license issues.

Good Luck,

-- 
Mike Anderson
[email-masked]
+52 473 23730 voice/fax
Guanajuato, GTO, Mexico
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".