Subject: Missing functions?
From: [email-masked] (Steven N. Hirsch)

24 Feb 1998 10:23:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

All,

I am not subscribed to this list, so I hope this doesn't bounce..

At any rate, I'm following the suggestion of 'vischne' and posting a
request for the sources to the "enhanced" libslang and the other library
mentioned below.  

Can anyone help with this?  Many thanks, and remember to copy my E-Mail
address as I'm not subscribed.

Steve

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> Tell you what.  Why don't you post a request for the source of these
> libraries to [email-masked]?  I've been having a problem lately
> uploading things to ftp.deninc.com, and I prefer to do that than to
> do things on a one-by-one basis.
> 

> >> >This is confusing to me.  One of the first things I tried after bringing
> >> >up NT Workstation 4.0 was to build MC.  There were a number of problems
> >> >using the cygwin32 distribution from Cygnus' website (which is quite
> >> >dated, BTW).  Most of them involved small edits, but the final (and fatal)
> >> >one was the lack of library support for a handful of critical functions.
> >> >I forget which ones, but they all complained "Not implemented yet" at
> >> >runtime.
> >> >
> >> I forgot to mention.  I have built a few extra libraries for my own use,
> >> one of which is specifically designed to do the Unix functions that mc
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> demands and cygwin doesn't yet have.  The other does the Unix functions
> >> from libslang.a, the most recent version.  libslang is available from
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
> >> ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis.  Its most recent 1.03 version specifically
> >> allows you to compile a Win32 console version of libslang which works with
> >> Davis's slrn news reader, but lacks a few of the Unix calls needed by mc.
> >
> >Any chance of saving me some work by making the "missing" support library
> >and libslang available?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".