Subject: RE: CDK Source Compile
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Dalgleish)

24 Feb 1998 02:42:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

> >It's not in the README or FAQ which I downloaded.
> >Perhaps it should be?
> >I searched for tcl, tk, and gdb. Other problems are mentioned, but
> not
> >this one.
> >The FAQ says "As of beta release 17.1, native rebuilding works under
> x86
> >Windows NT and Windows 95.", but that's not quite right...
> 
> With the exception of tk, tcl, and a few other areas, the statement is
> 
> correct.  Configuring the whole thing emits a message clarifying the 
> specific area which won't work.  The readme could be updated but since
> I 
> believe this is not going to be an issue for b19 and we are on the eve
> of 
> its release, its not a big issue IMHO.
> 
When I run /cdk/configure, I get the following:
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     expect dejagnu send-pr gprof texinfo
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

If I repeatedly call "make all-foo, make all-bar" etc, almost everything
builds without any modifications.

I think it's a  great package. I just think the FAQ could be a little
closer to reality.
It doesn't take long to test a distribution on a "clean" install, and it
would avoid everyone having to make the same discoveries for themselves.

Part of my job is testing installers, so I have several PC's available
perfectly suited to the job with most versions of 95 and NT.
(I keep copies of various clean installations in separate partitions,
and use Partition Magic to copy it over.
It's faster than doing an install from scratch, even though I can
install NT with my eyes closed :-)
I don't mind testing new releases and writing up what I find if it will
help...

Regards,
Andrew Dalgleish

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".