Subject: pause()
From: [email-masked] (Gavin Lambert)

23 Feb 1998 01:05:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to compile a UNIX application (the LambdaMOO server) under
Gnu-win32, but have been experiencing some difficulties.

The program prefers to use virtual timers if possible (using setitimer &
getitimer); are they available somewhere?

As part of its timer routines, it sets a SIGALRM handler, calls alarm(),
and then pause().  pause() has a prototype in the standard headers (in
sys/unistd.h), but ld reports that it cannot find the routine in the library.

Any suggestions?  And if I cannot use pause(), is there a function that
performs a similar function?  (I am familar with C but have no UNIX
experience).

-----                                
Gavin Lambert
[email-masked]
http://ue.home.ml.org/   (recommended)
http://ue2.home.ml.org/  (alternate site, not updated often)
Mirabilis ICQ UIN: 2274180
Fight the spam!  Support an anti-spam amendment at http://www.cauce.org/

----
Insomnia isn't anything to lose sleep over.

Newspaper: "Enfiels Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide"

Give a skeptic an inch and he'll measure it.
----

Note:  the above quotes have been randomly selected from a huge list.  I
take no responsibility should you find any of them offensive.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".