Subject: Re: MINGW32: how use a configure script
From: [email-masked]

21 Feb 1998 18:15:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   cimadomo hervé ([email-masked])
>   Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:39:38 +0100
>trying mingw32 version og gnu-win32, i can't use any configure script
>because i cant' find sh for mingw32
>If i use bash of cygwin distribution, i have many error.
>my question is : is exist a mingw32 version of bash or tcsh ?
>
You have to set up cygwin on your system, and make a minimal Unix-style
file system on your C:\ drive:  I. e., c:\bin, c:\usr, c:\etc, c:\dev.

You can then use the cygwin version of bash and sh to run your configure
script, except that, to use it with mingw32, you need to change the gcc
`specs' file to the mingw32 `specs' file, and you need to change the
environment values for include and lib to point to the mingw32 include
and lib directories.

It takes a bit of work and some knowledge of Unix.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".