Subject: fork()
From: [email-masked] (A Dark Elf)

21 Feb 1998 16:57:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I have a problem with threading. I use fork() so my app listens for
connections from a remote host, accept() it, forks, the parent loops and
closes the sockfd from the child and listens again:

  for(;;)
  {
   if(sockfd!=(int)NULL) close(sockfd);
   sockfd = accept(sockfd2, (struct sockaddr *)&address, &len);
   if(pid=fork()) break;
  }

Now it's telling me this error: child died before initialization..
Am I doing something wrong here ?

 

[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkElf Network SysAdmin                        http://www.darkelf.net
OKC.OK.US.UnderNet.Org Operator                http://www.undernet.org
    Check the main resource for developers at www.fastethernet.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".