Subject: Re: GCC -pipe
From: [email-masked] (Roger René Kommer)

21 Feb 1998 16:54:36 -0800
Message-ID: <01bd3ee1$f83aaac0$60040d8d.cygnus.gnu-win32@ROGKOMUN>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Sven Dietrich" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Hi,
>Does the -pipe parameter work? I realize Unix pipes are a little
>different...

It does not work. gcc simply doesn't produce any output.
Unfortunatelly it does also not return with an error, so configure scripts
are misleaded.

This should be fixed, either gcc should ignore -pipe, or should do the
correct thing (use pipes)
or should return with an error.

Roger

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".