Subject: FIXED: Troubles with DLL's
From: [email-masked] (Roger René Kommer)

21 Feb 1998 16:06:11 -0800
Message-ID: <01bd3edf$5cb2e920$60040d8d.cygnus.gnu-win32@ROGKOMUN>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0054_01BD3EE7.BE775120"
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Mikey" <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01BD3EE7.BE775120
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,
This must be an iron rule: If you post a question to a newsgroup or mailing
list next day - or even 5 minutes later -you found the answer by yourself.

In my last message I wrote:
> I use latest (I think) coolview and the linker from an archive
> 'B18-patched-ld'.

As I was able to figure out,  that the linker of
B18-patched-link-compat-ld.tgz from <Mikey> causes the problems (size of
ld.exe 282.112 bytes)
If I use the b18 linker (size of ld.exe 265.216 bytes) relocating works.

I still using the dlltool.exe and the other files from
B18-patched-ld (org b18 dlltool.exe size: 175.104 bytes. dlltool, which I
use from patched version: 200.192 bytes).

If I reinstall b18 from scratch, even dlltest1.exe does not run properly,
but crashing somewhere inside the dll_crt0. Coolview must be installed.

I haven't tested it with Win95. In B18-patched-ld Mikey mentioned, that in
this fix a bug with terminating .reloc sections.

If you cannot compile the test packages, receiving an error while
linking like this:

undefined reference to _imp__dll1_global_char_ptr

your are using the original dlltool which export the pointer with the name
__imp_dll1_global_char_ptr (the underscores are important).
(Mikey: What is the reason that this is changed?)

You may have to change this in the makefile/scripts.

I'll append a modified shell script 'cygshared', which can be used for b18
ld/dlltool and patched dlltool (there is a flag --patched-dlltool).

I've tried to include all experiences I made last 2 weeks. I wrote also a
README, try to explain what to do to create a DLL easily and properly.

Somebody can put this stuff on web page or ftp-site. But before publish
this, maybe somebody should correct my English.

By the way: dllfix.exe produces a gpf in my configuration.

Roger

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01BD3EE7.BE775120
Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed;
	name="Roger2.zip"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Roger2.zip"

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01BD3EE7.BE775120--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".