Subject: compiling gcc-2.8.0
From: [email-masked] (Kevin)

21 Feb 1998 11:28:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm still having trouble compiling gcc-2.8.0, both with native
i386-pc-cygwin32 configuration and m68k-aout configuration.  Right now I'd
just be happy to know why I can't get the native version to build.  Maybe
someone can help?  Here's what I've done so far (in a nutshell):

Installed gnuwin32 tools under d:\gnuwin32\b18.  Downloaded and untarred
gcc-2.8.0 into /usr/local/src/gcc-2.8.0.  Ran the configure script to
configure for native i386-pc-cygwin32 build.  Added CLIB=-ladvapi32 to the
Makefile.  Ran 'make LANGUAGES="c c++"'.

This runs for awhile, then chokes when ./xgcc tries to compile enquire.c,
complaining that it can't find some include files like stdio.h.  So, I look
at where it's trying to find them.  ./include and /usr/local/include.  Why
not where the gnuwin32 gcc is getting them?  Dunno.  So, I copy all the
header files from /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include over
to /usr/local/include and re-run the make.  This time it makes it much
furthur before choking when trying to compile gcclib2.c with _bb defined,
saying string.h has parse errors and conflicts.  Ugh.

So, if someone could kindly give me some hints as to what's going on, I'd
appreciate it a great deal.  Thanks.

-Kevin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".