Subject: Re: offering ftp and/or web space for ported GNU software
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

21 Feb 1998 10:10:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
Cc: [email-masked]

Michael Hirmke wrote:
> 
> We can host an archive for ported GNU tools/software here on
> ftp.franken.de and we can also offer web space for related
> documentation on www.franken.de (absolutely non commercial, though).
> We are connected to one of the major German backbones (BWIN) through
> a switched 10 Mbit/s connection.
> 
> Can anybody comment on whether this would be ok or not ?

It would be great for more people to do this sort of thing!  Going
forward, there is a need for precompiled binaries of more software
than will ever come in the standard distribution from Cygnus.

People have asked how the coordination of the project can be changed
such that more progress is made more quickly.  I believe the single
biggest change that is needed is for one more people to take over
coordinating changes to the user tools and other programs so I can
concentrate on coordinating changes to the core Cygwin32 library.
Documentation and completing header files are two other areas where
others could take over to some extent.

I know you were probably mainly offering space but that's needed as
well as more volunteers.  I'll pursue this more after b19 comes out.

Regards,

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".