Subject: Somewhat Off topic Q on Window Handle
From: [email-masked] (Michael Czapski)

21 Feb 1998 06:50:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hello All,

Over the last few weeks I have been writing source-portable C code to build for 
OpenVMS, AIX, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 95, Linux, Cygwin32, other Unixes. 
  The code does file handling, TCP/IP network connectivity, etc..  Most of the 
code is platform independent.  Same code builds on all the platforms mentioned. 
 Some bits, naturally, are platform specific.  For example daemonising code is 
different for Windows NT (NT Service), Windows 95 (cut down service control 
manager), unix(es) and OpenVMS.  I am happy to say that the generic Unix 
daemonising code from W.Richard Stevens' book works like a treat (with one 
minor exception) under Cygwin32 as it does under Linux (with another minor 
exception) as it does under 'real' unixes.  Good on you guys.  Terrific job 
with gygwin32 and coolview. Thanks.

Perhaps these knowledgeable in Win32 could assist with one minor issue ?  I 
appreciate this is not related directly to cygwin32.
The code on Win95 runs within a console/command window.  I have a desire to 
minimise the console window.  How do I get a hWnd (window handle) to the 
console window my executable is running in ?
I tried GetActiveWindow but it returns NULL - the window is not active.  All 
other Win32 functions dealing with windows appear to need a hWnd to be able to 
do things like minimize window.

TIA

Michael Czapski
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".