Subject: RE: fLex and bYacc
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

21 Feb 1998 04:43:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Sean McBride'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From:	Sean McBride

Does anyone know of any syntactical references or any online manuals for
bYacc.... I got the resulting code to compile fine in VC++5 ... same
goes for fLex.  however I'm not up on the construction of bYacc grammers
and on the tie of bYacc and fLex together... any resources out there??

When I last worked on (F)Lex/Yacc(/Bison), I used the O'Reiley book, which 
was well worth the small investment. For my most recent project I'm using 
ANTLR, which is much more powerful and intuitive than the former. While 2.x 
is a Java solution, 1.33 is designed for C++ and is widely supported. Check 
out www.antlr.org for more details.

Terry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".