Subject: Re: Free X-Server ?
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

20 Feb 1998 21:10:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Kevin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

At 08:35 AM 2/20/98, Kevin wrote:
>At 12:50 PM 2/19/98 +0800, you wrote:
>>
>>Thanks for the multiple responses. I tried the server from
>>http://www.microimages.com  and it works fine.
>>But with some programs (unfortunatelly are the most important pieces amongst
>>them) I'vo problems with the fonts.
>>(e.g. "font
>>"-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-sans-14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1" does
>>n't exist"). Any suggestion how o fix it?
>>
>
>Buy a decent X server.  I had problems with the microimages X server too,
>so I downloaded StarNet's demo of theirs
>(http://www.starnet.com/docs/xwin32.html).
>
>It worked much better, although the demo version only runs for 2 hours.  I
>think it's $200 for the real thing.  I use eXceed now (thanks to my
>employer).

I've used StarNet's demo too.  For me, it works fine.  I used the demo 
version for a while but then lost it and went searching on the net to
refind the copy I had (rather than going back to StarNet's site).  I don't
know why I did it, but I'm glad I did because I found a copy of it out 
there without a timeout!  I don't remember where I found this copy in
particular but assuming you want to go through the exercise, you might
strike pay-dirt too!;-)  Of course, if you want to just buy it, I'm not
going to discourage you!:-)

Larry
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".