Subject: [Fwd: Re: Poor man's manpage reader for cygwin/ming]
From: [email-masked] (Bartlee A. Anderson)

20 Feb 1998 20:25:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------D6D13D56CF2"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------D6D13D56CF2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Per vischne's request I will not write him about this subject any more.
It is my guess by his refusal to answer a simple question about a post
that he made, is that he doesn't know how he compiled less, and can't
understand a simple request for information. But we have seen this sort
of thing before, haven't we.

However if anyone can tell me the steps to get less working with mingw32
I would be grateful. I'm afraid I don't understand what less doesn't
like about my termcap, or where I got it from. Do I need ncurses?

-- 
Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.                                [email-masked]
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771

--------------D6D13D56CF2
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:28:32 GMT
To: "Bartlee A. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Poor man's manpage reader for cygwin/ming

I'm not going to take responsibility for your inability to compile
less.  Get on to the Dos prompt and type:

        nroff -man <your file> | more

And, don't write to me any more.

At 11:43 AM 2/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
>bash$ less help.c
>WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
>"help.c" may be a binary file.  See it anyway? bash$
>that's all she wrote folks.
>
>My point is that less is not working. I noticed another user point out
>that he had to get ncurses. Any comment on what your configuration
>from a term standpoint is? ncurses termlib termcap other?
>Can you reiterate the steps that you took in compiling less and
>explain your environment as it differs from any preconceived notion
>of a standard.
>Bart
>8< snip >8
>-- 
>Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
>Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
>300 Bauman Ct.                                [email-masked]
>MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
>Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
>
>

--------------D6D13D56CF2--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".