Subject: Re: b19 and cygwin.dll
From: [email-masked] (Marty Leisner)

20 Feb 1998 20:25:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Craig Dickson)
Cc: [email-masked]

In message <[email-masked]>,   you write:
>Marty Leisner wrote:
>
>>I would like the same thing with win95...instead of a bundled application,
>>I'd like to see the pieces (binary and source) and understand their
>>relationship to run, then install it manually.
>
>>
>>This is desirable, because I may put components on a samba share, and do
>>the whole installation from the unix side...
>
>Of course, the average PC user (probably 90% or more of the PC userbase)
>would be totally incapable of installing software if it were done as you
>suggest, so it's silly to propose such a thing. Since Windows 95 (by volume
>the most significant Win32 platform) is targeted for the average user, and
>not the professional software engineer or systems administrator, it's

I think you missed the point.

I'm not say not to have a bundled application someplace (which is an
enormous exe).

I'm saying give people a choice.  Also gnu-win is not targeted at
you average PC user.

marty	
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".