Subject: Re: Free X-Server ?
From: [email-masked] (Kevin)

20 Feb 1998 16:08:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01bd3cf1$f0a3e660$730113ac@frank>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 12:50 PM 2/19/98 +0800, you wrote:
>
>Thanks for the multiple responses. I tried the server from
>http://www.microimages.com  and it works fine.
>But with some programs (unfortunatelly are the most important pieces amongst
>them) I'vo problems with the fonts.
>(e.g. "font
>"-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-sans-14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1" does
>n't exist"). Any suggestion how o fix it?
>

Buy a decent X server.  I had problems with the microimages X server too,
so I downloaded StarNet's demo of theirs
(http://www.starnet.com/docs/xwin32.html).

It worked much better, although the demo version only runs for 2 hours.  I
think it's $200 for the real thing.  I use eXceed now (thanks to my
employer).
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".