Subject: Apologies
From: [email-masked] (root)

20 Feb 1998 09:10:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]

I am getting mad about this situation with the linker. There isn't a week
that passes without some message with dll/linker related problems.

With this frame of mind I did two mistakes:
1: I intervened in the discussion that Mr Faylor was having about a related
   problem, assuming they were trying to fix the linker problems when, in
   fact, they were discussing something completely unrelated. My apologies.

2: Then, I atacked Ian, the linker maintainer. This is nonsense, since if there
   is a person that can *do* anything about it, its surely Ian, so there is
   no sense in getting angry with him. The problem is, that this situation 
   has been with gnu-win32 since more than 2 years now since the first betas
   built by Steve Chamberlain, that didn't finish the linker before he left.

   Every week there is somebody that points that the example in the cygnus
   page copied verbatim will not work. What makes me mad, is that either the
   example DOES work, and then you put it in the FAQ (or better in the page
   itself) HOW TO MAKE IT WORK, or either it DOESN'T, then you take that
   page away! But I am getting mad again.

This list attracts many newcomers. What worries me is that they will get away
with a feeling that free software is just rubbish.

People say often that free software is more reponsive to bug corrections than
commercial software. Well, then I am ashamed to have a big problem here that
rests uncorrected for more than 2 years!!!!

But I am not working with all this stuff, and have only second hand experience
of it. Even worst, I will not fix it. So I do not have any right to get mad
at anyone. My apologies to Ian and Mr Faylor.

-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".