Subject: RE: IDEs (was: Please Help...)
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

20 Feb 1998 00:38:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'ShmooVe'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Wow... thank terry.  I was looking around and was wondering about the 
Source
Navagator???  Is that possiblly what i'm looking for?  I off to get Emacs 
now.
Thanx Again.

Source Navigator is designed more for managing the complexity of large 
systems. Now I wrote some huge programs as a student, but nothing that 
should need that sort of power. A better tool would be Foundry; it's a 
complete IDE, much like Visual C++, MetroWerks CodeWarrior or Visual Age 
for C++, any of which are wonderful products. I've had the most experience 
with VC++ and I'll just say that if MS could build OSes like they do 
development tools, the only thing anyone would complain about would be the 
help system. . .
I've only seen friends and colleagues use CodeWarrior and VAC++, but I 
would use similar praise for them (of course, some of those words could 
result in a win/os/2/mac holy war). The only one I haven't seen is Foundry, 
but given the quality of the software Cygnus is giving us for free, I'm 
sure their commercial offerings are simply splendid. The IDE that I have 
altogether ignored is Borland's. I must admit that I know absolutely 
nothing about it, other than the fact that it's users are as loyal to it as 
Amiga's were. To avoid another holy war, I will say that given why Amiga's 
users were loyal, Borland's Visual C++ must be a fine piece of work.

You're welcome,
Terry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".