Subject: Re: RCS + CVS
From: [email-masked] (Andy Piper)

20 Feb 1998 00:37:16 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.3.32.19980219112028.00a4d100.cygnus.gnu-win32@mailhost>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham), [email-masked]

At 12:18 PM 2/18/98 -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
>   I remember hearing that some people were using CVS under cygwin
>with success.  I grabbed the sources and started to build but
>ran into trouble.  This is pretty low priority for me at the
>moment so I didn't try to wade through all the problems.  Does
>anyone have a list of things that need to be done to get this
>stuff built?
>
>I started building on a binary mount (I imagine the program works
>properly when the CVS repository (and checked out files?) are
>in binary mounts).  I worked past a bug that made configure think
>there was no diff3 binary (cmp -s was returning the wrong error
>code).  Then configure generated the RCS makefiles, and I started
>a make.  make.sh, which ran automatically, bombed out while trying
>to check for file mapping capabilities.

There are pre-built binaries and patches on my web page.

www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp

andy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".