Subject: Re: Borlands IDEs (was: Please Help...)
From: [email-masked] (ShmooVe)

19 Feb 1998 16:36:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

>  A better tool would be Foundry; it's a
> complete IDE, much like Visual C++, MetroWerks CodeWarrior or Visual Age
> for C++, any of which are wonderful products. I've had the most experience
> with VC++ and I'll just say that if MS could build OSes like they do
> development tools, the only thing anyone would complain about would be the
> help system. . .
> I've only seen friends and colleagues use CodeWarrior and VAC++, but I
> would use similar praise for them (of course, some of those words could
> result in a win/os/2/mac holy war). The only one I haven't seen is Foundry,
> but given the quality of the software Cygnus is giving us for free, I'm
> sure their commercial offerings are simply splendid. The IDE that I have
> altogether ignored is Borland's. I must admit that I know absolutely
> nothing about it, other than the fact that it's users are as loyal to it as
> Amiga's were. To avoid another holy war, I will say that given why Amiga's
> users were loyal, Borland's Visual C++ must be a fine piece of work.
>
> You're welcome,
> Terry

  Foundry..... Well I looked at that too but....
A.  It seems to not be out for public use yet
B.  When it does It's gonna cost money
C.  ??? (couldn't think of anything clever)hehe

From what I read the above is true.  Anyway.... yeah.  MSsux.  I've used VB5
last semister but basic programming is not for me.  I'm getting the hang of C
and C++ to an extent.  And well I've been using Borlands TC++ at school and I
really liked it until I got a hold of DJGPP.  Then that's when my head
exploded. Hehe.  I like the free stuff (as if it all cannot be obtained free
anyway <----I didn't say that :)
DJGPP 2gether with RHIDE is well.... how would I put it.... "THE BOMB".
But...  I'm tired of non-32bit No windows graphics etc...  If i ever get around
to it I need to take a look at this 16meg Java Tutor and JDK.  Not to mention
JavaScript and the new Tcl. (just read about that).

ANYWAY..... back to the point.  I enjoyed borland and have been trying to get a
hold of someone that has the new "Visual" version so I can take a look at it
and see if I like it or not.  But Like I said above I like the GNU atitude.
software should be free as long as it's held within boundrys of copyright and
the writter get their regonition.  (I can't spell.)  Right now (at this minute)
I'm trying to get my dad's computer up to date....  kinda. (Change BIOS etc.)
been having IRQ conflicts with the modem and the mouse. WIN95 like to but the
modem in com 3 all the time and don't wanna be told else wise.  Thanx again.
Jimmy

btw can you send me a link of where I can find EMACs for Win95.  I'm gonna get
a new HD soon and put another RedHat Partition on it so..... :)
by

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".