Subject: Re: problems with linking templates using gcc
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

19 Feb 1998 16:35:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Template support is broken with the version of gcc that is with the 
cygwin32 package.  You will need to update to gcc 2.8.0 or egcs.  The 
format of the output of the compiler has changed.  You will need to 
recompile your libraries.

See Colin Peters' and Mumit Khan's pages for more info on this.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>From: "Kris Thielemans" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: problems with linking templates using gcc
>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:18:02 -0000
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to port my (working) C++ programs from Unix to my PC using
>cygwin32. When I link, I get the following error messages:
>
>/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x0):sinodata
>.cc:
> multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 
0>::start_free'
>c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x0):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
>/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x4):sinodata
>.cc:
> multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::end_free'
>c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x4):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
>/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x8):sinodata
>.cc:
> multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::heap_size'
>c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x8):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
>/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0xc):sinodata
>.cc:
> multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::free_list'
>c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0xc):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
>
>Is there a way out ?
>
>One suggestion is to use egcs, which does not have the above problem.
>However, I just stumbled on another bug there such that my things don't
>compile with egcs...
>
>Kris
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".