Subject: Re: Usenet programs
From: [email-masked] (Lassi A. Tuura)

19 Feb 1998 04:43:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Brad Trainham <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

|> This being the case, regarding mail and news, I like the 
|> most non-gui setup I can find. 

nn and rn are *very* text oriented news readers.  You may also want to
take a look at tin or pine (both may be able to work as mailers, too; I
don't recall all that well).  My favourite news reader is GNUS in emacs,
but I doubt emacs works all that well -- if at all -- in terminal mode
on Windows.  For that matter, I have no idea how the other news readers
would work under cygwin either.  The way of least effort might be with
rn (or trn, for threaded rn).

All these packages are free software so you'll find them on any FTP site
that carries such stuff.

//lat
--
[email-masked]          There's no sunrise without a night

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".