Subject: NTP Version 4 - MSVCRT???
From: [email-masked] (Sven Dietrich)

19 Feb 1998 02:09:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi Folks, 

I have got NTP v. 4 compiling under CygWin32 now,
and linking ... with thanks to some input from you people...
I am apparently having problems with the libraries now... 
but MSVCRT is just fine...

Link:
gcc -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes   -o ntpd  map_vme.o ntp_config.o
ntp_control.o ntp_io.o ntp_loopfilter.o ntp_monitor.o ntp_peer.o
ntp_proto.o ntp_refclock.o ntp_request.o ntp_restrict.o ntp_timer.o
ntp_util.o ntp_intres.o ntp_filegen.o ntpd.o refclock_conf.o
refclock_local.o  ../libntp/libntp.a  version.o libwsock32.a libuser32.a
libkernel32.a libgdi32.a libcomdlg32.a libshell32.a libole32.a
liboleaut32.a libuuid.a libadvapi32.a libwinmm.a

Here is the GDB output:

This GDB was configured as "i386-cygwin32"...
(gdb) Breakpoint 1 at 0x41c5e0: file ntpd.c, line 181.
Starting program: //D/ntp4/ntpd/ntpd.exe 
77650000://D/NT5/system32/wsock32.dll
77ef0000://D/NT5/system32/KERNEL32.dll
77630000://D/NT5/system32/WS2_32.dll
************************************************************************
***
[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"//D/NT5/system32/MSVCRT.dll": can't read symbols: File format not
recognized.
************************************************************************
***
77e50000://D/NT5/system32/USER32.dll
77eb0000://D/NT5/system32/GDI32.dll
723a0000://D/NT5/system32/MSIMG32.dll
77d90000://D/NT5/system32/ADVAPI32.dll
77dd0000://D/NT5/system32/RPCRT4.dll
77620000://D/NT5/system32/WS2HELP.dll
77fd0000://D/NT5/System32/winmm.dll
10000000:/bin/cygwin.dll
77fc0000://D/NT5/System32/mmdrv.dll
6bd00000://D/NT5/System32/opl3sa32.dll

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x31bd8 in ?? ()

Once again, if anyone has any idea... please let me know.

Sven

/*
 * Sven-Thorsten Dietrich
 * Software Component & Timing Solutions 
 * 
 * (408) 481-7289 (Voice)                  
 * (408) 481-2011 (Fax)
 */

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".