Subject: RCS + CVS
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

19 Feb 1998 01:45:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

   I remember hearing that some people were using CVS under cygwin
with success.  I grabbed the sources and started to build but
ran into trouble.  This is pretty low priority for me at the
moment so I didn't try to wade through all the problems.  Does
anyone have a list of things that need to be done to get this
stuff built?

I started building on a binary mount (I imagine the program works
properly when the CVS repository (and checked out files?) are
in binary mounts).  I worked past a bug that made configure think
there was no diff3 binary (cmp -s was returning the wrong error
code).  Then configure generated the RCS makefiles, and I started
a make.  make.sh, which ran automatically, bombed out while trying
to check for file mapping capabilities.

                                      Tim N.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".