Subject: a limited port of sys V shared memory available soon
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Van Iwaarden)

18 Feb 1998 20:23:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: GNU-Win32 mailing list <[email-masked]>

Hi,
	system V shared memory was needed for some work I was doing and I
know many people are interested in this as well.  I will be posting a port
with limited functionality to the list tomorrow but be warned, it is
_very_ limited.  Here are the problems/shortcomings I can think of (off of
the top of my head):

shmat must be called after a fork()
shmat must be called by a forked process/thread (I think)
shmget mostly ignores permissions
shmctl is mostly useless, ditto for shmdt

I know this is very limited.  I wrote it only to meet my needs and those
needs are to share memory among fork()'ed processes.  Perhaps someone else
can take it and advance it further.

--Ron
      o           Work to live; \   [email-masked]
     /\            Live to bike; \   http://www-math.cudenver.edu/~rvan
   _`\ `_<===       Bike to work! \  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
__(_)/_(_)___.-._                  \   Note the new addresses!

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".