Subject: Re: (NBY) 'Heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 87' from gcc.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

18 Feb 1998 19:56:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Go to URL http://www.findmail.com and search for

gnu-win32 heap

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:47:33 -0800
To: GNU Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>
From: Pepijn Schmitz <[email-masked]>
Subject: 'Heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 87' from gcc.

Hi everyone,

I have installed the latest release of GNU-Win32 (b18) at home and at 
work.
Home is Pentium 200 MMX with NT Server 4.0 SP3 with 32 MB RAM, work is
Pentium 133 with NT Server 4.0 SP3 with 64 MB RAM. I have followed all
instructions from the README.

In both locations, gcc doesn't run. Instead, whenever I try to start it, 
I
get the error 'heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 87'. I
attach a file with the complete output I get. The last two lines are
repeated over and over again until I press Ctrl+Break, at which point NT
informs me that the application has suffered a C0000005 exception and 
kills
it.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how I can get it to work? 
It's
unlikely to be a configuration error in NT, since it occurs both at work
and at home. I haven't tried it under Windows 95, since I don't have 
that
running anywhere.

Thanks,
Pepijn Schmitz

------------------------------------------------------------
 'A pedestal is as much a prison as any small, confined space.
  		-- Gloria Steinem'

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".