Subject: Re: Network Time Protocol & CygWin32
From: [email-masked] (Craig Dickson)

18 Feb 1998 18:11:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Sven Dietrich wrote:

>I have taken it upon myself to get NTP compiling under CYGWin32 for NT
>Currently, NTP support for Winnt is broken, uses MS VC and stuck at
>NTPv3.5.

[...]

>The linker fails as follows:
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:244: undefined reference to `WSAStartup'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:624: undefined reference to `closesocket'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:1303: undefined reference to `WSAGetLastError'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:2466: undefined reference to `strupr'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:153: undefined reference to `_tzset'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:182: undefined reference to `timeGetDevCaps'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:188: undefined reference to `timeBeginPeriod'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:200: undefined reference to `timeSetEvent'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_intres.c:466: undefined reference to `ioctlsocket'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntpd.c:616: undefined reference to `_beginthread'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntpd.c:766: undefined reference to `WSAGetLastError'
>//D/ntp4/libntp/machines.c:191: undefined reference to
`GetSystemTimeAsFileTime'
>//D/ntp4/libntp/machines.c:241: undefined reference to `_getch'
>
>Most of these are library calls, and I have not yet succeeded in sorting
>out which libraries contain what, or if its even implemented.

The above are Microsoft-specific functions that you won't find in any
standard Unix library, or anything that pretends to be such (e.g. Cygnus).
You'll have to rewrite the code that uses those functions.

Craig

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".