Subject: problems with linking templates using gcc
From: [email-masked] (Kris Thielemans)

18 Feb 1998 18:07:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I'm trying to port my (working) C++ programs from Unix to my PC using
cygwin32. When I link, I get the following error messages:

/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x0):sinodata
..cc:
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::start_free'
c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x0):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x4):sinodata
..cc:
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::end_free'
c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x4):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0x8):sinodata
..cc:
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::heap_size'
c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0x8):testPSOV.cc: first defined here
/home/kris/PPhead/buildblock/libbuildblock.a(sinodata.o)(.data+0xc):sinodata
..cc:
 multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::free_list'
c:\TEMP\cc0016191.o(.data+0xc):testPSOV.cc: first defined here

Is there a way out ?

One suggestion is to use egcs, which does not have the above problem.
However, I just stumbled on another bug there such that my things don't
compile with egcs...

Kris

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".