Subject: Poor man's manpage reader for cygwin/ming
From: [email-masked]

18 Feb 1998 18:06:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

The following manpage reader script seems to work pretty well under
cygwin, and is made of handy parts that are easily available and
portable to cygwin.

In this case, less-332 was compiled using mingwin32, since there was
alternate code in the less-332 source distribution that lets you take
advantage of mingwin's rtldll.dll library instead of the cygwin terminal.
Compiling less-332 using cygwin results in a version of less.exe that
issues diagnostic messages indicating _where_ the cygwin terminal is broken.
Also, zmore.exe seems to work well using `ln -s less.exe more.exe' as its
version of more.exe.
========================================================================

#!/bin/sh
zmore $1 | nroff -man - | col | less

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".