Subject: Re: sockets and forking under W95
From: [email-masked] (Craig Nelson)

18 Feb 1998 08:34:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

I posted something about this before, but still havent found the problem.

I am running the same enviroment you are with the same results.

My solution (hmph) to this was easy (dont use fork()), fortuneately for me, I'm
able to manage my clients connections such that I only ever need one socket
request at a time.

I am awaiting the day when either B19 comes out (maybe it'll go away) or i can
find the real problem.  I've been unable to concentrate on this problem as of 
late, but would be interested in seeing more on this topic, either on the 
list, or in personal e-mail.

Craig Nelson

----- Begin Included Message -----

From daemon Tue Feb 17 08:32:47 1998
From: "Colman Curtin" <[email-masked]>
To: "GNU Win 32" <[email-masked]>
Subject: sockets and forking under W95
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:42:46 -0000
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.2106.4

hi
The following is a code snippet from a simple program I am trying to get
going. It compiles and works fine on an Aix machine but when I try it under
gnuwin32 it compiles and links fine but when I hit the fork () function in
main() I get a stack dump also included. I am running on W95 with the latest
coolview. I seem to recall reading here at some stage about problems with
sockets and forking in W95 but cannot remember the details.
any clues? thanks.

Colman.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".