Subject: Re: Network Time Protocol & CygWin32
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

18 Feb 1998 06:13:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Try #include <Windows32/Sockets.h>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:22:13 -0800
>From: Sven Dietrich <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Network Time Protocol & CygWin32
>
>Hello World!
>
>I have taken it upon myself to get NTP compiling under CYGWin32 for NT
>Currently, NTP support for Winnt is broken, uses MS VC and stuck at
>NTPv3.5.
>MS VC is not shareware, and NTP is really happier compiling under GCC.
>
>Dave Mills and his cohorts at Univerity of Delaware have endorsed this
>effort!
>
>NTP includes a sh configure script, which RUNS CORRECTLY under the
>CDK tools. This is excellent!
>
>I have the code for NTP 4.0.71a compiling, with a few new defines, and
>using:
>#include <cygwin32/if.h>
>#include <cygwin32/socket.h>
>#include <netinet/in.h>
>#include <windows.h>
>#include <arpa/inet.h>
>#include <windows32/base.h>
>plus a few others.
>
>The linker fails as follows:
>ntp_io.o: In function `init_io':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:244: undefined reference to `WSAStartup'
>ntp_io.o: In function `create_sockets':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:624: undefined reference to `closesocket'
>ntp_io.o: In function `open_socket':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:934: undefined reference to `closesocket'
>ntp_io.o: In function `close_socket':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:1065: undefined reference to `closesocket'
>ntp_io.o: In function `sendpkt':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:1303: undefined reference to `WSAGetLastError'
>ntp_io.o: In function `input_handler':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:1700: undefined reference to `WSAGetLastError'
>ntp_io.o: In function `get_winnt_interfaces':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_io.c:2466: undefined reference to `strupr'
>ntp_timer.o: In function `init_timer':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:153: undefined reference to `_tzset'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:182: undefined reference to `timeGetDevCaps'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:188: undefined reference to `timeBeginPeriod'
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_timer.c:200: undefined reference to `timeSetEvent'
>ntp_intres.o: In function `openntp':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntp_intres.c:466: undefined reference to `ioctlsocket'
>ntpd.o: In function `service_main':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntpd.c:616: undefined reference to `_beginthread'
>ntpd.o: In function `worker_thread':
>//D/ntp4/ntpd/ntpd.c:766: undefined reference to `WSAGetLastError'
>../libntp/libntp.a(machines.o): In function `gettimeofday':
>//D/ntp4/libntp/machines.c:191: undefined reference to
>`GetSystemTimeAsFileTime'
>../libntp/libntp.a(machines.o): In function `getpass':
>//D/ntp4/libntp/machines.c:241: undefined reference to `_getch'
>gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
>
>Most of these are library calls, and I have not yet succeeded in 
sorting
>
>out which libraries contain what, or if its even implemented.
>
>If anyone has any clues, please let me know. Meanwhile I'll be reading
>and grepping...
>
>Thanks for any help/feedback.
>
>Sven
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".