Subject: Single Plane Graphics Window - Full screen - 256 color - Direct X - Dos Allegro Compatible
From: [email-masked] (Panther)

18 Feb 1998 06:12:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

<HTML>
Is there anyone that has found a library which will allow the programmer
to set a palette of either 24bit RGB 8 bit units - 0-255 or VGA 6bit 0-63.&nbsp;
Allow the programmer to a single array :

<P>&nbsp;
<BR><B><TT>#define VIDRES_Y 200 <FONT SIZE=-2>// like the screen height
- whoa 1200??&nbsp; Yeuh I'm there...</FONT></TT></B>
<BR><B><TT>#define VIDRES_X 320 <FONT SIZE=-2>// like the screen width
- I can have 1024??? Kewl...</FONT></TT></B><B><TT></TT></B>

<P><B><TT>BYTE pDisplay[VIDRES_Y][VIDRES_X];</TT></B><B><TT></TT></B>

<P><B><TT>#define PutPixel( pMap, x, y,c )&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \</TT></B>
<BR><B><TT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ( *( pMap + ( ( y ) * VIDRES_X ) + (x) )
= c )</TT></B><B></B>

<P>Or a suitible library with projections which might be an allegro DirectX
port... I'm looking for this under NT... cause well - it's easier to do
with at least a pretend parallel OS underneath you....

<P>There were some links mentioned in May 97 about a page with Driect X
3.0 ported to be used with b17 of gnuwin32.&nbsp; Later Sep(?) 97 he said
he has been away a while and was working on Direct X 5.0... If you happen
to know this person - or happen to be this person... (hmmm)&nbsp; please
respond with an updated address....

<P>Panther</HTML>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".