Subject: STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION
From: [email-masked] (Giovanni Denaro)

17 Feb 1998 17:36:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am actually porting under a Windows 95 platform a tool previously
developed for unix platforms, using b18 gnuwin32 g++.

I have solved all my compile time problems,
but now I get the following run-time problem:

during execution my process crashes with the following output:

-----------------------------------------
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) In
cygwin_exc ept_handler exc C0000005 at 1004667C sp 25CFAEC
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023)
Exception trapped!
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023)
exception C0000005 at 1004667C
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023)
exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 4705E44 dx 65697266
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023)
exception: si 1004C2DC di 1 bp 25CFAF4 sp 25CFAEC
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023)
exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) Stack
trace:
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
0: sp = 0x25CF904, pc = 0x10007BB2
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
1: sp = 0x25CF920, pc = 0xBFF76780
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
2: sp = 0x25CF944, pc = 0xBFF858F3
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
3: sp = 0x25CF9DC, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
4: sp = 0x25CFAF4, pc = 0x1000F26D
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
5: sp = 0x25CFB04, pc = 0x466DEA
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
6: sp = 0x25CFB18, pc = 0x4672FB
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
7: sp = 0x25CFB24, pc = 0x411A20
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
8: sp = 0x25CFB40, pc = 0x428F52
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
9: sp = 0x25CFBD8, pc = 0x42043A
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
10: sp= 0x25CFC68, pc = 0x41BE85
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
11: sp= 0x25D00A8, pc = 0x41DF36
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
12: sp= 0x25D10D0, pc = 0x444098
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
13: sp= 0x25D10F8, pc = 0x442610
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
14: sp= 0x25D110C, pc = 0x44B39B
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) frame
15: sp= 0x25D1154, pc = 0x4036E4
(C:\WINDOWS\PROFILES\DENARO\DESKTOP\PORTING2\EDITOR\MTD+.EXE 1023) End of
stacktrace (more stack frames may be present)

-------------------------------------

I have debugged (using gdb) my program and I find that the crash happends
executing a "new" statement for allocation of a single character...

is it possible???

To verify this i have written a simple program that cyclically allocates
characters it crashes too....

I read mails in the mail-archives and find that this error has been
hilighted from other people in the past (in different and various 
circumstances) but i have not found a working solution for it.

I have already installed the Sergey's coolview and placed the new
cygwin.dll in the correct places (gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin and
gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\i386-cygwin32\lib).
I have update the libcygwin.a and bash.exe too.

I worked for three months without any good result.

May somebody help me??

Thank you in advance...

Giovanni

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".