Subject: Re: compiling gcc (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

17 Feb 1998 16:53:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

This has already been done:

Check out Colin Peters' page.  URL's are listed below.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:11:36
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Kevin <[email-masked]>
>Subject: compiling gcc
>
>Hello.  I'm new to this list, so I appologize if this has already been
>covered.  I'm trying to compile gcc-2.8.0 under NT, and I'm not having 
much
>luck.  My ultimate goal is to build a m68k cross-compiler that runs 
under
>NT, but for now I'd be happy just to get the native version working.  
I've
>tried several different ways:  including running the configure.bat file
>supplied with the gcc-2.8.0 distribution;  installing with MKS's ksh; 
and
>of course, using the cygwin32 tools.  The problem I have with the 
latter is
>while running the configure script, it says gcc doesn't work:
>
>...
>checking for gcc... gcc
>checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
>configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler 
cannot
>create executables.
>bash$
>
>Why is this?  Has anyone successfully built a gcc cross-compiler for 
m68k
>on NT?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
>-Kevin
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".