Subject: Re: Problem with VIM editor in gnu-win32 b18 (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

17 Feb 1998 16:52:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: "Moure Mosq., Jose M" <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Problem with VIM editor in gnu-win32 b18
>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:12:28 +0100
>
>	
>
>	Hello all. I've installed gnu-win32 b-18 and then "coolview" (of
>course, text=binary) in a Win95 platform. For editing, I copied the
>binaries for VIM from Chris Faylor (www.tiac.net/users/cgf) as they are
>listed in the cygnus main page as ported software. Everything seems to
>work properly except:
>
>	- When opening a file, some garbage appears on the screen, mainly in
>the blank lines and tab spaces. This garbage contains characters and
>strings that were in the previos screen, before calling VIM. However,
>you can modify these lines like if there were nothing into them. I've
>tried with TERM=dumb and TERM=ansi.

TERM=linux

before starting bash

set CYGWIN_TTY=1

>
>	- I can't user cursor keys neither scroll keys. I have to user
>"h,j,k,l" for the cursor and <ctrl-f> <ctrl-b> for scrolling.
>
>	Any idea?
>
>	Thanks,
>
>
>				Jose Manuel Moure
>				[email-masked]
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".