Subject: Problem with VIM editor in gnu-win32 b18
From: [email-masked] (Moure Mosq., Jose M)

17 Feb 1998 05:40:14 -0800
Message-ID: <c=ES%a=_%p=REE%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

	Hello all. I've installed gnu-win32 b-18 and then "coolview" (of
course, text=binary) in a Win95 platform. For editing, I copied the
binaries for VIM from Chris Faylor (www.tiac.net/users/cgf) as they are
listed in the cygnus main page as ported software. Everything seems to
work properly except:

	- When opening a file, some garbage appears on the screen, mainly in
the blank lines and tab spaces. This garbage contains characters and
strings that were in the previos screen, before calling VIM. However,
you can modify these lines like if there were nothing into them. I've
tried with TERM=dumb and TERM=ansi.

	- I can't user cursor keys neither scroll keys. I have to user
"h,j,k,l" for the cursor and <ctrl-f> <ctrl-b> for scrolling.

	Any idea?

	Thanks,

				Jose Manuel Moure
				[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".