Subject: compiling gcc
From: [email-masked] (Kevin)

17 Feb 1998 03:32:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello.  I'm new to this list, so I appologize if this has already been
covered.  I'm trying to compile gcc-2.8.0 under NT, and I'm not having much
luck.  My ultimate goal is to build a m68k cross-compiler that runs under
NT, but for now I'd be happy just to get the native version working.  I've
tried several different ways:  including running the configure.bat file
supplied with the gcc-2.8.0 distribution;  installing with MKS's ksh; and
of course, using the cygwin32 tools.  The problem I have with the latter is
while running the configure script, it says gcc doesn't work:

....
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
bash$

Why is this?  Has anyone successfully built a gcc cross-compiler for m68k
on NT?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Kevin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".