Subject: Re: Problems trying to compile V using makefile provided.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

15 Feb 1998 20:04:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:41:57 +0000
>From: Stephen Brown <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Problems trying to compile V using makefile provided.
>
>Hello to everyone.  I have just started using the gnu-win32 utilities,
>and have just subscribed to this group, and hope to learn from people
>alot more experienced with this package than I am.
>
>I have been trying to compile V version1.17 under gnu-win32, using a
>provided make file (below) and get the following error when running
>make.
>
>"no rule to make target 'VAPP.o', needed by '/libV.a'."
>
>I've been through the info files for make provided but can't figure out
>where the error is.  The contents of the make file are as follows, and 
I
>was hoping that someone could point out where the error is, as I'm not
>wonderful with complex makes at the moment, and could do with this 
piece
>of software working ASAP.
>
>V_INCLUDE = ../includew
>DEFINES = -D_WIN32
>C_FLAGS = -O3 -c -include v_gnuwin32_extra.h -I$(V_INCLUDE) $(DEFINES)
>
>LIBV = $(LIBRARY_PATH)/libV.a
>
>
>.SUFFIXES:.o .cpp .h
>
>.cpp.o:
> $(CC)  $(C_FLAGS) $<
>
>OBJS = VAPP.o VAWINFO.o VBASEITM.o VBASEWIN.o VBOXLBLC.o VBRUSH.o
>VBTNCMD.o

It is possible that case matters.  If the filenames are lowercase then 
modify the Makefile to match.

>OBJS += VCANVAS.o VCBTNCMD.o VCHKBOXC.o VCLABELC.o VCMD.o VCMDPANE.o
>VCMDPRNT.o
>OBJS += VCMDWIN.o VCOLOR.o VCOMBOC.o VCPDC.o VDEBUG.o VDIALOG.o
>VFILESEL.o VFONT.o
>OBJS += VFONTSEL.o VFRAMEC.o VICON.o VLABELC.o VLISTC.o VMEMDC.o 
VMENU.o
>VMODALD.o
>OBJS += VNOTICE.o VPEN.o VPROGRSC.o VRADIOC.o VREPLY.o VSLIDERC.o
>VSPINC.o VTEXTC.o
>OBJS += VTEXTCNV.o VTEXTINC.o VTHISLST.o VTIMER.o VUTIL.o VWINDC.o
>VWINDOW.o
>OBJS += VWINPRDC.o VWINPRTR.o VYNREPLY.o
>
>LIBS = -lcygwin -lcomdlg32 -lkernel32 -luser32 -ladvapi32 -lgdi32
>
>all:$(LIBV)
>
>$(LIBV):$(OBJS)
> ar r $(LIBV) $(OBJS)
>
>clean:
> rm -f *.o
>
>
>-

Hope this helps.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".