Subject: Problems trying to compile V using makefile provided.
From: [email-masked] (Stephen Brown)

15 Feb 1998 15:40:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello to everyone.  I have just started using the gnu-win32 utilities,
and have just subscribed to this group, and hope to learn from people
alot more experienced with this package than I am.

I have been trying to compile V version1.17 under gnu-win32, using a
provided make file (below) and get the following error when running
make.

"no rule to make target 'VAPP.o', needed by '/libV.a'."

I've been through the info files for make provided but can't figure out
where the error is.  The contents of the make file are as follows, and I
was hoping that someone could point out where the error is, as I'm not
wonderful with complex makes at the moment, and could do with this piece
of software working ASAP.

V_INCLUDE = ../includew
DEFINES = -D_WIN32
C_FLAGS = -O3 -c -include v_gnuwin32_extra.h -I$(V_INCLUDE) $(DEFINES)

LIBV = $(LIBRARY_PATH)/libV.a

..SUFFIXES:.o .cpp .h

..cpp.o:
 $(CC)  $(C_FLAGS) $<

OBJS = VAPP.o VAWINFO.o VBASEITM.o VBASEWIN.o VBOXLBLC.o VBRUSH.o
VBTNCMD.o
OBJS += VCANVAS.o VCBTNCMD.o VCHKBOXC.o VCLABELC.o VCMD.o VCMDPANE.o
VCMDPRNT.o
OBJS += VCMDWIN.o VCOLOR.o VCOMBOC.o VCPDC.o VDEBUG.o VDIALOG.o
VFILESEL.o VFONT.o
OBJS += VFONTSEL.o VFRAMEC.o VICON.o VLABELC.o VLISTC.o VMEMDC.o VMENU.o
VMODALD.o
OBJS += VNOTICE.o VPEN.o VPROGRSC.o VRADIOC.o VREPLY.o VSLIDERC.o
VSPINC.o VTEXTC.o
OBJS += VTEXTCNV.o VTEXTINC.o VTHISLST.o VTIMER.o VUTIL.o VWINDC.o
VWINDOW.o
OBJS += VWINPRDC.o VWINPRTR.o VYNREPLY.o

LIBS = -lcygwin -lcomdlg32 -lkernel32 -luser32 -ladvapi32 -lgdi32

all:$(LIBV)

$(LIBV):$(OBJS)
 ar r $(LIBV) $(OBJS)

clean:
 rm -f *.o

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".