Subject: RE: cygwin32 mingwin32 qnd wxWindows
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

15 Feb 1998 14:54:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From:	Stephane Cateland

I would like to compile wxWindows with mingw32 2.8.0
but it does not compile out of the box.
more particurlarly there is problrem with time function (gettimeofday)
and some system call

Is some one ever tried it or has advice to give me

I'm dl'ing the sources right now to look at how gettimeofday is implimented 
in cygwin32, but whatever they've done, it won't work for someone. 
gettimeofday has plagued my work for some number of years now on various 
platforms. It all started when BSD included the function back in the BSDv.2 
or 3 days. AT&T decided that it was pretty useful, and they'd need to 
include it for compatibility in order to allow BSD sources to be ported to 
Sys V (or probably IV when they did it). Well, the geniouses at Bell labs 
noticed that the second argument to gettimeofday was unused, so they 
removed it. To quote the Solaris 2.6 time.h: "hence making a function 
included for compatibility, incompatible." As a result, there are now two 
versions of gettimeofday, one with one argument, one with two. If it's 
giving you problems, then you probably have one too many, or one too few 
arguments. If this doesn't help your problem at all, mail me, I'll have had 
a chance to look at the sources by then.

thanks

You're welcome.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// S. Cateland / [email-masked]
//
//   Adersa  10 rue de la croix Martre   91873 Palaiseau cedex
//   Phone   [switchboard]   (33) 0 160 135 353
//   Fax                     (33) 0 169 200 563
//
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Zow" Terry Brugger
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".