Subject: Afterstep and XV
From: [email-masked] (Valery Tulnikov)

15 Feb 1998 13:43:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="koi8-r"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I uploaded binaries to ftp://ftp.deninc.com/incoming and ask the person who
responsible for maintaining this site to move it to the standard ports
location.
Below I enclose the readme file from these packages with some helpful (I
mean) explanations:
__________________________________

I successfully ported two greate programs - Afterstep 1.4 window manager and
XV.
You can locate sources at ftp://ftp.afterstep.org and
ftp://ftp.cis.upenn.edu/pub/xv.
Both programs needed libXpm library - you can download it with fwvm2
binaries posted in gnu-win32 list some times ago.

1. Afterstep
Makefiles modification is minimal - you can try ./configure --with-cc=gcc.
After it try xmkmf and then make Makefiles (strange configuration process,
but it was written in README).
Finally, do make and make install.
If you have errors, check your include and libraries locations in Makefile.
Some additional programs not compiled, but don't bother, they do that on my
FreeBSD machine too.
If make install failed manually copy *.exe to /usr/X11R6.3/bin directory and
/GnuStep to your HOME dir (in this case check all paths in configs,
especially in base.**bpp - it contains slashes at the end of each path -
remove it if you don't wanna have troubles).

2. XV
After xmkmf check all paths in Makefiles.
That's all. At first XV compiled libjpeg and libtiff libraries.
If you experience troubles to compile libraries simply download its from the
Chuck Bogorad site.
_______________________________________

With best regards,

Valery Tulnikov,
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".